Forskolin is currently taking the weight loss world by storm with some claiming it melts fat and is even more effective than Garcinia Cambogia. While that might be true, its important to be aware that as with any new supplement, there might be side effects.
The Side Effects of Forskolin
While Forskolin is safe for most adults, there are several exceptions of which you need to be aware before deciding to use Forskolin as a weight loss supplement. One of the major side effects of Forskolin is low blood pressure brought about the widening of the blood vessels which under normal circumstances is a health benefit. However, do not take Forskolin if:
- You are booked in to have surgery in within two weeks, as Forskolin may increase bleeding.
- You have a bleeding disorder such a Von Willebrands disease.
- You suffer from blood pressure or heart problems.
- You are currently breast feeding or pregnant.
Low Blood Pressure
Forskolin lowers blood pressure by working on the muscles of the heart and widening the blood vessels. While the benefits of a more powerful heart beat and increased blood flow to the brain are great, the added risk of this is that the lower blood pressure this results in can become a risk for some people. Referred to as hypotension, sufferers of this side effect may find themselves experiencing:
- Bouts of dizziness
- Blurred and diminished vision
- Feelings of nausea
- Overly pale skin
- Loss of the ability to concentrate clearly
- UnconsciousnessThe above side effects alone are of course not much of a health risk however, when you factor in the risks of physical injury due to falling, tripping or passing out, you can see why these side effects are dangerous and need to be considered. These aren’t the only dangers associated with low blood pressure, however. In extreme cases, some of the side effects can directly life threatening, for example, in rare cases when the blood pressure is severely lowered, your vital organs may not receive the oxygen levels required to function normally. Furthermore, extremely low blood pressure also puts you at risk of brain or heart damage so please take these things into consideration when deciding to use Forskolin. Of course, if you use any supplement sensibly and check with your medical provider beforehand, such side effects can be avoided.
Increased Stomach Acid
This may not seem like a particularly serious side effects but as with most, there are further ramifications involved which you should also be aware of such as:
- IndigestionAll of the above can be extremely uncomfortable if the effects are extreme or unresolved, so as with any side effect, its up to you to take action to remedy the symptoms, whether that means reducing dosage or refraining from using Forskolin supplements altogether. Do not take Forskolin if you are currently suffering from a gastrointestinal disorder such as a stomach ulcer as your symptoms will be exaggerated by the increase in stomach acid.
As we can see, just like most weight loss supplements on the market today, Forskolin does have side effects. That said, if you decide to give Forskolin a try, use common sense first and check with your medical provider to ensure its safe for you to do so.